Pets cannot verbally tell us when something is wrong. Therefore, many of their illnesses are present for long periods of time before they are noticed. This is why it is imperative to have illnesses diagnosed and treated as soon as possible. At AVC, we understand this and maintain a full range of in-house diagnostics that allow our veterinarians to diagnose and treat most illnesses immediately.
Full In-House Lab
- Using our cutting-edge in-house lab, we are able to conduct tests for blood count, internal organs, urinalysis, parasites, thyroid, and heartworms.
- Most tests can be completed within your appointment time. Our ability to give you results immediately allows us to help treat your pet immediately.
- Our digital radiography machine screens for cancers, fractures, obstructions, arthritis, gastrointestinal disease, and respiratory diseases.
- This digital radiography machine captures an image every 8 seconds. This allows for a significantly less stressful experience for pets since wait time is minimal between images. After the images are taken, they can be instantly viewed on our monitors within each treatment room. Additionally, at the click of a button, the digital images that are taken can be emailed to you as well as to other doctors for referral.
- Ultrasounds are a non-invasive, low-stress way to diagnose and treat many serious health conditions within the time frame of your visit.
- Ultrasonography can help us to discover and diagnose fluid in the abdomen, cancers, gastrointestinal foreign bodies, gallbladder disease, some bladder stones, inflammation, and many other conditions.